History of the Seyyid Hasan Pasha Complex

Sayyid Hasan Paşa mosque complex built by the Grand Vizier that the community is composed of two separate structures. Sultan II. Beyazit bath, primary school, the group behind the Vezneciler’de formed in the madrasa, a fountain, fountain and shops. Street on the south, the Army formed the group two fountain inn, bakery and shops took place. Architecht The complex was built by Mustafa Agha. Madrasah, according to inscriptions on public fountains and fountain located on the construction of this part of the complex in 1158 (1745), was completed in. Other building group formed the basis for the construction of the inn, with a half hearted dismissal of his patron, and his grand vizier of Sultan By Mahmoud 1160 (1747) completed and its foundation have been in, but ‘Hasan Pasa Hani’ name unchanged.

Madrasa

Slight slope on a plot of a madrasa greatest taken as well as stone, braided in two alternating rows of brick walls, the material has been built. Rectangular windows with pointed arches open to the outside facades of brick and cut stone pediments shoveled. The top two rows of brick building surrounded by spiked fringe. Gained ground floor west-facing front elevation, slope, covered with cut stone. Round-arched door opening from the axis has shifted to the right. That the date 1158 on the door of the poet Nimet’e SeyyidAhmed Hocazade marble inscription was written by nine coupleted suspend a line. Starting barrel-vaulted hallway stairs to the courtyard of the madrasa greatest reached. Arches on the gate opens onto the courtyard area and sitting in front of the two columns that have been evaluated as an iwan of the madrasa floor of this unit over other units is kept high, there is the mirror. Wool to the front of the two original windows in the south west of the classroom, this unit / mosque venue is necessary to round arched door. There is an inscription in two lines on the door. The square shaped classroom / mosque above the transition squinches provided internally threaded, externally covered with an octagonal dome. Two windows in three directions, with the window open to the outside space of three fronts in the western direction of cut stone consoles were slightly forward. Placed on the altar in the corner, tromplarda, the dome is stenciled decorations. Purity dome in the heart of Surat, Surat an-Nur base of the dome, the pendentives formed at the corners of squinches filled with God, Muhammed, the Four Caliphs, Hassan and Hussein are writing. Squinches filled with consoles that make up the elegant arches are filled six vegetative form. Although renovated, reflecting the transfer of works of art style of the pen. Classroom / mosque prayer times of the past are known to be open to the outside community. Classroom / space is a small mosque minarets on either side close to the southern front corner and a bird in an elegant mansion, which was placed two steps out of consoles. Grooved on three sides except the south courtyard titled openings with pointed arches made of brick with marble columns, sits surrounded by porches. East and west direction, mirrored vault above the porticos, the north direction, provided the transition pendantives covered with domes. Porticos behind the east, west and north direction has been ranked in the madrasa rooms. These rooms are covered with domes on pendentives northern and Eastern peoples. Two rooms at the west front of the mirror in front vault. Round-arched niches rooms with lockers and stove inside a rectangular aperture door and a window opens with a courtyard. Pointed arches, pediments over doors and windows, most of this is called the glass decorated underwear. The rooms have windows opening outwards. And the Northeast corner of the rectangular unit, which is regulated as a latrine in northern and eastern direction with two square openings called windows and mirrors above the vault covered with elephant eyes. That are known to have a fountain in the courtyard now survive. In 1914, repaired in 1892 saw the madrasa, a fountain, laundry, the toilet and abdesthane  needed repair, the inspection report of the delegation determined. Undergoing a thorough repair in 1949 by Ekrem Hakki Ayverdi three windows that opened to the south of the courtyard building. Then again repaired in 1990 and now sees the structure of Istanbul University, Institute for Eurasian Studies, the activity continues.

Primary School

Symmetric classroom primary school, located in the northwestern corner of the madrasa / mosque domes, such as space. Internal migration pendantives provided externally octagonal dome drum. Three primary school in the west, north, was opened to the outside of a window. There is a landing east of the school passed with round-arched door. In the north a small round-arched window with a door on the landing light and the connection to the madrasa courtyard fountain at the bottom, but with the fountain in front of the school principal has been among the front door. Round-arched spans over the gate which is bounded by a frame around the plant design  three inscriptions are found arranged in the cartridge. It also allows you to switch the dispenser through the door to the hallway in front of a school located in the upper floor is reached by stairs from the landing is reached.

Fountain and the Fountain

 Located under the Elementary College, next to the fountain and a fountain, reflecting carefully as examples of the baroque era is remarkable. Marble fountain of the material used, the overhanging fronts are discussed in five fronts. The acanthus-leaf stage of round-arched windows, columns with headings as plasters maintained in the top and bottom corners, concave on both sides of each wall, in the middle as the fluctuated  convex. Handled in accordance with this arrangement, the wavy-shaped metal plant composition  intricate networks. There are columns and arched opening to form the bottom five of water. As a niche on the wall, combined with a height of two concave edges fountain movement are discussed. Couplets are arranged in rows on four fronts postpone a line inscription gives the date as 1158. plasters between, on the sunburst motifs are located. Is introduced into the dispenser next to the gate and then turn left. Fountain in front of a flattened arch inside the projection space, which is divided into two units created in a vault behind the mirror. Taken up in the wall niches with pointed arches, a Baroque fountain. Under the large leaves form a fountain surrounded by mirrors, “CS” curved, middle oval medallion decorated with a motif similar rigging. Flattened on the niche in the form of an orgy took place three rows are arranged in an elegant inscription.
Grooved on both sides of the fountain in the front right of the dispenser with titles that is delimited by a column consists of a niche. Inside is a second column editing. Columns in the upper corners plaster  continued. At the front, “CS” are filled with oyster shells and a large curved floating inside the arch. 1158 date on the top of the fountain at the bottoms who gave his name to Tong-God-written inscription in two lines took place.
Two of the front door to the right of the madrasa, five, including three round-arched opening on the left is a shop with. These units is rectangular barrel-vaulted.

Han

Located on Bath Street in the face of Sultan II. Beyazit Han Army today is in ruins. Once upon a time on a basement floor which is constructed as a two-storey colonnade courtyard inn old photos posted by Cornelius Gurlitt. Accordingly, at the top of a well-cut stone facade on the lower floor of stone, consisting of two rows of alternating rows of brick masonry. Sub-circular arch, which ranks held a two-storey shops and some of the inside of the belt is understood to be filled later walled up. Axis in front of the inn is located in north-facing sides of the door inscription of Sultan One who gave his name was Mahmud of elegant baroque fountain. Forward toward the exit door on the upper floor space made of stone consoles. Opening towards the back side of the facade of the building continues. The eastern facade break and stretched back, with a break in the southern facade of the curve is concave. By the angle gradually expanding or shrinking triangle overhangs facades articulated with upper floors supported by stone consoles. Thus, plans were kept inside a rectangular growing spaces. Corridors in the southern and western direction, the inner courtyard formed by the expanding background. Bottom row of the front elevation at the west fronts, such as alternating braid has been in the shops of different interventions. Is a fountain in the middle of the rectangular courtyard. Sitting on the stone piers and brick cutting rail is round-arched barrel-vaulted stone two-story porches. Round-arched windows and doors are opened Rooms rectangular aperture. Pop-up windows with pointed arches, pediments and rectangular bricks out of the place shoveled span.
The structure before the 1894 earthquake damaged the upper floor of this solid was deconstructed in part, the expansion of the street during the years 1956-1957 with front-line portion of the building were destroyed close to half were destroyed. Until recently sweepers used by the craftsmen of fire and omissions inn was thoroughly devastated. Located within the inn was built in oven, with the taste of products are renowned for Istanbul. Disasters in 1956-1957 and then moved to a place near the city’s oldest business institution in the oven until the end of the 1980s have continued their activities.